Friday, September 18, 2015

The Art of Bryan Fyffe

"Arkham House" by Bryan Fyffe

Amid the chaos that has been recently hindering my blogging I was able to enjoy a brief reprieve in Indianapolis at this year's Mask-Fest!  I'll be posting more on this event in the future, but I would like to take a moment to share with you the work of an amazing artist I met at this creepy convention.

As I prowled the aisles of Mask-Fest looking for the perfect mask, I was taken aback by some artwork (of the non-mask variety) I spotted in a small booth on the outer edge of the convention hall.  It was here that I had the great pleasure being introduced to work of Bryan Fyffe.   Heavy with ambiance and ethereal mood, yet vibrant with a colorful energy, I was instantly drawn to the above works, the Lovecraftian Arkham House and the somber Roots of Earth series (seen above).  Other works offered iconic precision and whimsical levity, such as Leviathan and the Haunt series (seen below)
Hailing from Missouri, Fyffe is a superbly talented artist who specializes in graphic design.  His enthusiasm was contagious as he talked proudly of his work.  I was particularly intrigued by the fact that he has recently found success doing commission work for Disney, providing promotional artwork for their Haunted Mansion attractions.  

If Fyffe's artwork tickles your fancy, I encourage you to check out his website where you can view more of his work and purchase prints.
Roots of Earth III by Bryan Fyffe

No comments:

Post a Comment