Friday, April 14, 2017

Acknowledging Another Hiatus...


Once again, it's been a while since I've posted anything...

I've discovered here lately that I tend to get absorbed in something for a substantial amount of time, only to abandon that for something else.  In doing so I end up letting my other interests and hobbies to fall to the wayside...  The blog being one of those neglected activities.

I haven't really talked about it much on the blog, but I do dabble in gaming, mainly on my trusty Xbox console.  After seeing the trailer for the newly remastered Skyrim I guess I got a bit nostalgic and wanted to revisit Bethesda's open-world sword-and-sorcery masterpiece.

So - long story short - that's more or less what I've been doing for the past several months.

I'm not sure how many hours I've put into the game, but I'm sure it's a ridiculous amount.  Usually I log in and jump from one side-mission to another.  This time though I wanted to actually complete the main story-line.  I'm proud to say that I finally completed it...  And the games only been out for 6 years!

If you're a gamer who has never never played Skyrim, I really encourage you to check it out, especially if you are into the fantasy genre.  Dragons, trolls, giant spiders, undead barbarians...  This game has no shortage of monsters to battle.  The open-world presented in the game is gigantic.  Sometimes you'll find yourself just wandering around, taking in the beautiful vistas that surround you and being amazed at it's nearly ever-ending vastness.  As I already pointed out, one can easily get absorbed the countless side-missions and log numerous hours of gameplay without even getting a quarter of the way through the actual campaign.



Anyway, I've kind of burned out on Skyrim for the time being, so I guess I'll try to get back to making some semi-regular posts on the blog once again.

It's good to be back!

(At least until I get sucked into another side-mission)

No comments:

Post a Comment